Esri is a socially conscious and responsible company, supporting organisations working in conservation, ocean science, climate change, education, sustainable development and humanitarian affairs. Esri provides technology, data, solutions, and services that make it possible for people to positively impact the future, through a deeper geographic understanding of our planet. Actions by Esri that support a broad range of diverse programmes include:
- Providing software and training to more than 5,000 conservation organisations.
- Sponsoring the Society for Conservation GIS, a group of volunteer GIS practitioners that help conservationists use GIS in their projects.
- Creating strong relationships with conservation groups such as The Nature Conservancy, Wildlife International, and the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
- Providing more than 7,000 universities worldwide with software for teaching and research.
- Supporting primary and secondary schools, libraries, museums, and youth organisations.
- Partnering with organisations like the National Geographic Society and Association of American Geographers on projects like GIS Day and the GeoMentor program.
- Supporting international environment initiatives such as Eye on Earth.
- Designing systems for studying human impact and land use change.
- Building web technologies that encourage transparency, corporate responsibility, and citizen involvement.
- Developing platforms for stake holder collaboration in designing resource projects that are sustainable.
- Engaging in international efforts to reduce climate change such as the Clinton Foundation’s Climate Change Initiative and the United Nations Climate Change Conference.
- Supporting the development of geospatial applications that measure carbon sequestration for international carbon exchange programmes.
- Creating technology that finds the best site locations for wind, solar, and other alternative energies.·
- Developing fleet route logistic programs that reduce gasoline consumption and carbon emission by government and business sectors.
- Committing resources and technology toward the development of ocean science, ocean use planning, and conservation in accordance with the Esri Oceans GIS Initiative.
- Hosting and maintaining the Ocean Basemap map service used bymarine GIS professionals, resource planners, and anyone interested in ocean data.
- Participating as an active member of the Consortium for Ocean Leadership and the World Ocean Council.
Sustainable Development/Humanitarian Activities
- Supporting non-profits such as the URISA’s GIS Corps and MapAction in relief and development efforts.
- Working with the United Nations, USAID, US Department of State, and many humanitarian and development non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
- Providing disaster response and support following a natural disaster such as a hurricane, earthquake, flood, or wildfire.
Company innovation – premier products and services for the green community
Esri’s ArcGIS technology has a long history of driving environmental understanding and decision making. Policymakers, planners, scientists, and many others worldwide rely on GIS for data management and scientific analysis. GIS users represent a vast reservoir of knowledge, expertise, and best practices in applying this cornerstone technology to climate science, carbon management, renewable energy, sustainability, and disaster management.
380 New York Street
Tel: US 909 793 2853
Other ways to connect with us:
Geographic Information Systems - Esri case study
GIS plays a critical role in consolidating and managing the increased flow of ocean data and creating the visualizations to aid ocean industries in the safe and responsible use of the oceans. Expanded information from ocean users will help improve the modeling and predictability of weather, ocean conditions, and climate change, and will support responsible use of ocean space and resources – with clear benefits for science, government, society, and business