Climate Action launches the European Sustainable Investment Forum
PRESS RELEASE – 6 November 2017, London, UK – Last September, UK-based Climate Action announced, at its second Sustainable Investment Forum USA, the launch of a European Forum, which will also be focusing on climate finance.
The Sustainable Investment Forum USA was launched in official partnership with UNEP Finance Initiative in 2016 during Climate Week in New York, with the aim to bring together both the public and the private sectors to create new partnerships and discuss ways to scale-up investment in low carbon innovation and achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement. The second edition of the Forum, which was held on 19 September 2017, welcomed more than 300 senior representatives from the investment community, leading businesses, governments and think tanks, as well as an impressive speaker line-up.
While the European market is leading the global climate finance market – advanced SRI and ESG strategies, green bond issuance, European Emission Trading System (EU ETS), COP21 and the French law Article 173, most European investors still haven’t aligned their investments with the 2C target. Much more needs to happen in the near future to scale up low-carbon investment and fulfil EU's determination to scale up its international climate finance contribution towards the $100 billion per year goal set for industrialised countries by 2020 and through until 2025.
In this context of urgency, Climate Action is launching its new Sustainable Investment Forum Europe, which will be held on 13 March 2018 in Paris. A high-level audience will address ways to accelerate and mainstream sustainable investment in Europe and globally. During a full day of content, topics will cover climate risks and opportunities, governance, green financial instruments and definition, the role of environmental data and disclosure, private-public partnerships, the energy transition and how to finance the Sustainable Development Goals.
The new Forum will welcome European, national and local policy-makers, major investors and finance service providers, UN representatives and influential think tanks in Paris. High-level speakers have already confirmed their participation including:
- Olivier Guersent, Director-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, European Commission
- Eva Halvarsson, Chief Executive Officer, Second Swedish National Pension Fund (AP2)
- Olivier Rousseau, Executive Director, Fonds de Réserve pour les Retraites (FRR)
- Carine Smith Ihenacho, Global Head of Ownership Strategies, Norges Bank Investment Management
- Andreas Hallermeier, Sustainability Manager and Assistant to the Chief Investment Officer, Bayerische Versorgungskammer
- Joel Prohin, Head of Portfolio Management, Caisse des Depots
- Jane Ambachtsheer, Partner, Chair – Responsible Investment, Mercer
Register now and secure your place by contacting Andrew Hamilton at email@example.com, or by phone on +44 (0)20 7871 0123.
Find more information on our event website at europe.sustainableinvestmentforum.org