Through a new partnership between Toyota, Mazda, and Denso, the three automobile companies will jointly establish a new company to develop zero-emission electric cars.
- Toyota embarks on electric vehicles production through new partnership with Mazda and Denso
- Michael Bloomberg donates $64 million to anti-coal campaign in US
- Norwegian firm signs $2.9 billion deal to develop 2GW solar farms in Iran
- UN Environment launches $1 billion fund for sustainable farming
- The world’s first floating wind farm commissioned in Scotland
- EBRD is financing the biggest wind farm in Serbia
- Kroger Field in Kentucky was rewarded for its environmental performance and sustainable design
- Progress on the 1.8GW Norfolk Vanguard Offshore Wind Farm
- Europe will be spending $112 billion on energy efficient building technologies in 2026
- About 1400 multinational companies now factor carbon price into business plans
Former Mayor of New York City, billionaire, and philanthropist Michael Bloomberg has announced a new commitment of $64 million to support Sierra Club’s Beyond Coal Campaign; one day after President Donald Trump repealed the Clean Power Plan.
Norwegian solar panel maker Saga Energy signed a deal worth $2.9 billion with Iran's state-owned company Amin Energy Developers to develop solar farms around the country totaling 2GW of installed capacity.
UN Environment partnered with Dutch financial institution Rabobank to establish a $1 billion fund offering grants and loans to businesses interesting in investing in sustainable farming practices.
Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon inaugurated the world’s first floating offshore wind farm, another first for the Scottish dynamic offshore wind potential.
Serbia’s 158MW Čibuk 1 wind farm will receive €215 million in syndicated loans from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and International Finance Corporation (IFC), as announced on Tuesday through a press release.
Kroger Field, the home of the Kentucky football team has been awarded the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification for its high environmental performance and its sustainable and innovative design.
Morocco is getting ready to launch a €200 million programme to spark investment in solar power projects in the agricultural sector by 2021.
After Hurricane Maria hit the island, there has been increased interest in the potential of renewable energies in Puerto Rico, with Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeting on Thursday that the company can transform the energy supply of the island with the power of solar.
According to Reuters, the Paris City Hall announced on Thursday that it plans to introduce a petrol and diesel phase-out plan in Paris by 2030, as a way to tackle significantly high levels of air pollution.
WWF Scotland analysed wind power data provided by Weather Energy and found that wind turbines provided 86,467MWh to the national grid on 2 October, more than double the country’s total daily electricity needs.