Amcor Global Head Office
109 Burwood Road
Tel: +61 3 9226 9000
As the world’s largest packaging company, Amcor offers exclusive and innovative solutions that are at the forefront of the packaging industry.
With over 300 sites across the globe, Amcor manages their environmental impacts.
To achieve this, we focus on:
- implementing environmental management systems and continuously improving environmental performance at their sites
- regularly setting and working towards our GHG emissions, water use and waste reduction targets
- working with suppliers and customers to reduce environmental impacts throughout supply chains and the life cycle of our products
The energy and water use at sites and the waste generated is entered into a central database - allowing them to measure progress against reduction targets of:
Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- 10 per cent reduction in GHG emissions intensity from FY2010-2011 by FY2015-2016; and
- 60 per cent reduction in GHG emissions intensity from FY2005-2006 by 2030.
Waste to landfill
- 50 per cent reduction in waste to landfill intensity from FY2010-2011 by FY2015-2016;and
- a long-term objective of zero waste to landfill.
- 25 per cent reduction in water use intensity from FY2010-2011 by FY2015-2016 (Australasia business only); and
- implementation of water management plans in other regions.
Amcor also measures the environmental impacts of packaging products across their total life cycle and works closely with customers to identify and develop lower impact packaging solutions.
14 October 2013 | Worldwide, Tech. & Innovation, Carbon Reduction
David Clark, Vice President of Safety Environment & Sustainability at Amcor Ltd, discusses innovative packaging solutions, reducing supply chain carbon footprints and environmental management systems
Prevention is Better Than Cure - Amcor case study
As a global packaging leader, and as a packaging provider to the world’s leading consumer brands, Amcor plays a vital role in addressing this issue. At Amcor, our commitment to responsible packaging starts with our Belief Statement: We believe in responsible packaging.
- Prevention is Better Than Cure - Amcor case study